Missing of Kupwara youth

He continues to be in army detention: Police

Published at December 08, 2017 12:22 AM 0Comment(s)7878views

He continues to be in army detention: Police


Srinagar, Dec:

 In response to a query by SHRC on missing of a Kupwara youth, police has informed the commission that the youth continues to be in detention of the army.
According to report by SSP Kupwara, “After getting no proper response from the Army men, who had allegedly detained two youth Nasrullah Khan and Manzoor Ahmad Khan, the relatives of the youth raised hue and cry outside the army camp. The army men threw Nasrullah from the rear side of the camp in an injured condition. He was severely tortured”.
Police said on August 31, one Jalal-Din Khan son of Sikandar Khan R/o Diver, Kupwara lodged a complaint with police that he, his nephew Manzoor Ahmad Khan and his sister Parveena went to TrumkhanBehak, where they used to stay during summer.
“The Army camp of 27 RR located near Behak has made it mandatory for people to make entry about their arrival/departure from the area. Accordingly Manzoor went to the Army post for making entry. When Manzoor did not come out of the camp, his relatives enquired from the army men about his whereabouts but they could not give any satisfactory response,” police stated.
It further stated that relatives of another youth Nasrullah Khan S/o Sharif Ullah Khan R/o Diver also reported at the army camp. “He was also detained by the army men on the same date during day hours.”
According to the police report, Manzoor continues to be in wrongful confinement of army with the ulterior intention to kill him.
“In fact, both Nasrullah and Manzoor were wrongfully confined in the army camp of 27 RR by troopers led by Major Nishant Kumar with criminal intention,” it stated.
After his release by army men, Nasrullah was admitted to SKIMS, Soura on September 3 and treated by Dr Mohammad Ashraf (HOD) Nephrology. He was discharged from the hospital on September 30.
According to police, its investigation team visited the scene of the crime, prepared a site plan and recorded statements of witnesses.
“However, till date no clue about whereabouts of Manzoor has been found. The investigation is in progress,” it states.
The commission today directed the DGP to file status report of the investigation of the case.
“A report has been received from DGP J&K that Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by additional superintendent of police Kupwara has been constituted to conduct the investigation into the matter. Let DGP file a status report of the investigation,” SHRC chairperson, Justice (Retd) Bilal Nazki said.
He also directed SKIMS director to furnish a report on injuries and treatment to Nasrullah by next date of hearing on February 9, 2018.
During the last hearing, SHRC chairman had directed SKIMS director to file a detailed report about the medical history of Nasrullah but he has not responded.



    Leave a Reply

    Back To Top